FlexPort White Paper
BridgeWave's FlexPort® family of high-capacity wireless solutions are well-positioned to fulfill a critical role for emerging 4G/WiMAX/LTE deployments worldwide.
With the advance of mobile technologies from 2G to 3G and now 4G, carriers are faced with challenges in the area of cost effectively migrating legacy TDM based networks towards flexible all-IP networks. Backhaul/aggregation solutions must not only be cost effective, but also robust and scalable to accommodate future application and capacity needs.
BridgeWave's FlexPort platform of high capacity radio systems smoothly enables this n transition by carrying both TDM and IP traffic natively without the mandate for pseudowire or other third party devices. With the use of a single radio, operators can combine their 4G backhaul needs with their existing backhaul networks resulting in an extremely cost effective and easy to manage solution.
BridgeWave's FlexPort solutions are available in the licensed 18 GHz, 23 GHz and 24 GHz microwave bands for medium range connectivity, as well as the 80 GHz millimeter wave bands for short haul deployments.
By providing proven reliability and performance, BridgeWave's “future-proof” FlexPort solution delivers on the promise of cost-effective, scalable backhaul for migration to 4G networks at an operator's own pace.
Scalable, future-proof backhaul for today's 3G networks and simple migration to next generation 4G Networks.
FlexPort provides operators with a future-proof single all-outdoor solution that allows for connectivity of today's TDM-based mobile base stations, while enabling migration to higher capacity, IP-based transport for tomorrow's 4G networks. This flexibility allows an elegant and cost-effective migration from the capacity needs today towards the expanded requirements of 4G tomorrow.
Carrier-class Platform for 4G Migration
FlexPort was designed with the requirements of mobile operators migrating to 4G networks in mind. Several key capabilities critical for the successful implementations of robust 4G network backhaul are included:
- TDM + IP CONNECTIVITY - FlexPort80 delivers simultaneous TDM + IP connectivity, all natively, allowing operators to utilize a single, future-proofed solution for today's TDM-based networks while migrating to next generation IP based transmission at their own pace.
- EASE OF NETWORK PLANNING - FlexPort80 provides frequency agility not seen in any other 80 GHz product. As cell density increases, the ability to tune anywhere in the 80 GHz band greatly simplifies network planning.
- EFFICIENT SPECTRUM USE - FlexPort80 utilizes QPSK modulation, providing improved spectral use compared to other 80 GHz solutions. This translates to lower licensing costs as well as better frequency reuse/ conservation of the 80 GHz spectrum.
- MULTI-CHANNEL RF AGGREGATION - FlexPort µWave provides full-rate gigabit Ethernet transport by simultaneously transmitting over multiple RF channels in a single all-outdoor enclosure.
- CARRIER ETHERNET SERVICES - With its built-in low-latency gigabit Ethernet layer-2 switch, FlexPort provides Quality of Service, VLAN, and support for Jumbo packets (up to 10,000) bytes.
- CARRIER ETHERNET MANAGEMENT - FlexPort provides advanced carrier Ethernet (OAM and CFM) management capabilities per IEEE 802.3ah (link OAM), 802.1ag (configuration fault management), Y.1731 (performance monitoring).
Proven Performance and Reliability
BridgeWave is the market leader in providing highly reliable high-capacity wireless solutions. The FlexPort family of microwave and millimeter-wave products leverages our expertise in designing and bringing to market carrier-class 60 GHz and 80 GHz solutions that have been accepted and used in thousands of installations globally.
For Mobile Operators and Service Providers who are looking to cost-effectively handle legacy TDM backhaul needs today and plan migration to IP-based 4G WiMAX or LTE technologies, BridgeWave's FlexPort provides a cost-effective, future-proof backhaul solution. FlexPort incorporates advanced radio features and network management functionality, designed specifically for dense cell deployments that will be required by these next generation networks. FlexPort provides the correct balance of features, performance, and price necessary to enable cost-effective upgrades of existing networks, or green-field rollouts for backhaul of 4G mobile networks.
Key Features of FlexPort
- Outstanding RF performance benefiting from highly integrated SiGe architecture
- Longest link distances
- 1 Gbps full-duplex user data rate
- Automatic Transmit Power Control
- Zero-footprint ODU with low power consumption supports Power-over-Ethernet
- Carrier Ethernet services enabled via built-in low-latency switch
- Quality of Service (802.1p) traffic prioritization; VLAN (802.1q); Provider Bridge (Q-in-Q 802.1ad)
- Synchronous Ethernet per G.8261, G.8262 and G.8264
- PTP per IEEE 1588.v2 – Transparent clock support
- Ethernet OAM support per 802.3ah, 802.1ag and Y.1731
- 1+0 Non-protected, 1+1 HSB fully redundant, or 2+0 link configurations
- Based on proved design – thousands of GigE terminals installed worldwide
- Rigorous HALT/HASS testing
- Up to 99.999% carrier-grade availability
- All-outdoor, compact design
- Connects directly to network equipment for native mode transmission
- Rapid & flexible deployment
- Embedded web and SNMP based network management access
- Highly secure narrow beamwidth antennas (80 GHz)
- Optional built-in FIPS-certified 256-bit AES Encryption
ADVANCED WIRELESS NETWORK SECURITY OPTIONS FOR WIRELESS EXTENDERS
BridgeWave's Advanced Security Options add another layer of data protection to BridgeWave's inherently secure wireless links, providing the most secure gigabit wireless solutions available.
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES):
- 256-bit key length AES - the strongest data encryption available
- Full-rate Gigabit or Fast Ethernet performance under all traffic loads
- Ultra-low latency - adds only 2 microseconds packet delay
- Cipher Block Chaining (128-bit blocks) conceals patterns in plain-text
- Meets “Top Secret” security standards
- Avoids costly, complex, lower-performing external-box solutions
- Includes Secure Management Option to protect symmetric key configuration
- Factory hardware option for all AdaptRate products
- Secure (256-bit AES) HTTPS access to network management agent
- RADIUS user authentication client (Sep 2007)
- Meets US Army IMOD program security requirements
- Software field upgrade for all current product models
Contact Sales For Details