BridgeWave's EtherFlex family of point-to-point microwave radios combine simplicity and high-performance along with high reliability for extended distance backhaul connectivity.
With a base capacity of 100 Mbps full-duplex, EtherFlex provides higher initial capacity than other all-outdoor microwave solutions and is easily upgradeable to full duplex 364 Mbps (ETSI) or 314 Mbps (ANSI) capacity with a single software license key.
Highest Link Budget
EtherFlex provides industry leading link budget for an all-outdoor microwave backhaul solution. This yields longer link distances with smaller antennas, or higher availability connections over competing products. Utilizing 4QAM to 256QAM with Adaptive Modulation, EtherFlex automatically maintains the link during periods of inclement weather.
Ease of Use:
Compact and lightweight, the all-outdoor design affords rapid fitting on any REMEC style antenna mount. Considerations for radio power further simplify the installation process, with Power over Ethernet and a single CAT5 cable connection to the radio. PoE injectors are included with the radio and are fully weather-sealed for outdoor mounting with hardware for pole or wall mounting.
A built-in 2-port switch supports jumbo frames up to 9720 bytes and provides QoS and VLAN awareness enabling prioritization of network traffic along with maintaining differentiated customer services.
EtherFlex is an all-outdoor microwave solution, requiring no indoor or cabinet space for terminating connections. With EtherFlex, there is only one ODU to install and maintain on each end of the link. Power is provided by a PoE injector that is included with the radio as standard. A singe CAT5 cable provides both data and power to the ODU, simplifying the installation process. Further simplifying installation, EtherFlex is designed to mount directly to the back of any antenna utilizing the REMEC interface.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
With a zero-footprint, all-outdoor architecture, single CAT5 cable installation, direct ODU-to-antenna mount and the highest link budget allowing for smaller antennas, EtherFlex was designed to provide low total cost of ownership for microwave backhaul solutions.
Key Features of EtherFlex
- Base capacity of 100 Mbps full-duplex
- Industry leading system gain for high availability and/or longest link distance
- 4QAM – 256QAM with Hitless Adaptive Modulation
- Native Ethernet transmission
- Internal 2-port Ethernet switch supports jumbo frames with QoS and VLAN
- Low-latency for fiber-equivalent performance
- Zero-footprint, ruggedized all-outdoor design
- Single cable installation
- Web based HTTP GUI
- Console/CLI port
- SNMP v2 and v3 management
- Based on proven design – hundreds of thousands of microwave terminals installed worldwide
- Up to 99.999% carrier-grade availability
- Less hardware to install than other microwave systems
- Power over Ethernet for single CAT5 cable to ODU
- No tower climb for upgrades
- One box contains both ODUs and PoE injectors
- Lower dollar per megabit total cost of ownership